We're hiring! Brewery Tap Manager
Saltaire Brewery is looking for a new Brewery Tap Manager.
Since opening our brewery Tap in 2014, we have been on a journey of discovery to establish ourselves a must visit venue. Originally located in a cosy building on site we have since moved back into our impressive original brewhouse. This is an impressive Victorian building with our Tap & Shop occupying the first-floor mezzanine. It is a large venue and has been not only the Brewery Tap, but home to beer festivals and our well-known Beer Club over the years.
As a brewery we strive to make the best beer we can and deliver the best consumer experience whilst consumers are on site and visiting the venue. The Tap team currently consists of a team of 4 who have been working together effectively for 3 years.
As a brewery we are looking to provide a venue which is fun, engaging and focuses heavily on a high-quality experience for every single customer who walks through the door. The team make great beer in all formats and our ambition is to compliment this with an amazing Taproom experience.
The role is one of delivering the business goals and also offers the right candidate and amazing opportunity to develop and create a new and improved vision for the Taproom. As the onsite face of the Brewery, we need to offer exceptional service and promotion of our brand and everything that we do.
The Taproom manager will report directly to the Managing Director and work closely and collaboratively with him to develop and implement the business goals and objectives for growth. We are looking for experience and passion to develop a vision to move our Taproom to the next level and although not exhaustive, the list below includes the main responsibilities.
- Managing the day to running of the Taproom to ensure standards are met across the team and we deliver the highest level of customer experience.
- Organise and manage the team to ensure the understand and meet the standards set.
- Organise the rotas to ensure the appropriate staffing is available within budget to deliver our goals.
- Stock control and liaising with our stock auditor on a monthly basis.
- Managing till records, cash and daily reporting of sales to the business
- Cellar management including line cleans on a weekly basis, whilst maximising loses at all times throughout the process.
- Maintaining menus, pricing and range changes at all times to ensure accuracy at all times.
- Working with the Managing Director and Marketing Manager to develop and deliver a plan to promote the venue and activities that we engage with
- Assist with the day to management of the Taproom social media platforms to ensure that whilst open we respond quickly and effectively to queries. This will be redesigned with the right applicant to ensure it is front and centre of the Taprooms voice.
- Working with the team to start delivering highly engaging events such as previously well renowned Beer Club.
Experience and Skills
It is essential for the successful applicant to be able to demonstrate their skillset, which should include the majority of the attributes set out below.
- 12 months experience within a hospitality management role
- High levels of organisational skills and the ability to understand and be able to deliver a plan through delegation of roles and responsibilities.
- Passion and vision to develop and create a venue and experience that inspires the consumer to come back for more.
- Excellent communication skills and a confidence to work with other stakeholders within the business to ensure our combined business aspirations are achieved.
- An eye for quality and attention to detail at all times.
- Friendly, outgoing and personable nature with an understanding of the highest quality customer service and what it takes to achieve.
Preferred skills but not essential
- Have completed and currently hold a personal licence
- Driving licence
- Some understanding of social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Beer industry knowledge
Due to events over the winter we decided to temporarily close the Taproom and we are looking to reopen before Easter. For the right candidate we will be looking for them to start ASAP and begin working on the reopening in time for Spring.
If you are interested and think you have what it takes to deliver on the above then please forward a CV to email@example.com for the attention of Ewen Gordon and clearly state Taproom Manager in the title.
Should your experience and CV fit with what we are looking for then we will be in contact shortly to discuss the process and agree a 1st interview.