Packaging Operative wanted to join our team
We're looking to grow our packaging team with an additional packaging operative to help support our busy bottling and kegging schedule. It's an exciting time to join our team as the Brewery continues to broaden its reach into numerous regions in the UK and overseas, and diversify into new and exciting customer channels.
About the job
We need a hardworking and conscientious individual to join our packaging team full time, 37.5 hours a week, and be collectively responsible for the day-to-day packaging of up to 12,000 litres of beer a day into bottles, kegs or jerry cans for food manufacturing. The team works a weekly shift rota to cover a busy schedule.
About the candidate
They will report to the packaging manager and will work closely with other team members, including our brewing team, to ensure consistency and quality of the product is maintained throughout the process. The ability to work independently and as part of a team, be organised, prepared to work hard and flexibly, and have a good attention to detail in their approach to work are all key skills the successful candidate must demonstrate.
Main duties include:
- Working the bottling line from end to end; such as set up and pre-checks, setting the bottling line, changing the bottling line for different formats, setting the carbonator, setting the labeller accurately, managing the filling unit, filtering, beer movement.
- Working closely with the brewing team to ensure beer is transferred and processed as per the production demand cycles.
- Take ownership of day-to-day cleaning regimes to maintain exceptionally high standards of hygiene within the packaging plant.
- Carry out lab analysis and other QA processes to ensure products are fit for purpose.
- Maintain packaging records and materials stock levels in accordance with the packaging schedule and customer needs.
- Liaising with customers as required.
- Carry out maintenance duties as and when the need arises and be proactive in monitoring equipment to minimise failure.
Other duties may include:
- Package beer into kegs, jerry cans.
- Legal right to work in UK.
- At least C grade GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths and English.
- Full, clean driving licence.
Desirable skills & experience:
- Previous experience of working in a food or drink packaging environment.
- Packaging qualification.
- Forklift licence.
- Understanding of HACCP and the Salsa Quality Standard.
- Able to work effectively in a team and as an individual.
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence engaging with others.
- Conscientious, with a good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to think on own feet and have confidence to make informed decisions.
- Passion for beer.
Benefits: 33 days holiday per year including bank holidays & company pension scheme.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch and send a full CV with covering letter to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 23 May 2021
Interviews are likely to take place from week beginning 7 June 2021.