We're hiring a Brewery Operative
Saltaire Brewery are looking for a motivated individual to join us and become an integral member of our Production Team. This is a great opportunity for anyone who is interested in working in the brewing industry as prior experience is not essential for this role and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn all the key tasks that support the brewing process.
We are looking for someone who has a great eye for detail and aims for quality in everything they do as this attitude and work ethic will ensure excellent beer is produced time and time again. The role is physical so the successful candidate must be prepared for the demands of the job and be able to operate in a fast paced environment where daily tasks can change frequently.
Working across all areas of the business, you will gain experience in the full production process from preparing raw ingredients right through to the packaging of beer in final pack.
The salary for the position will be the national minimum wage. This role is a full-time position based on 37.5 hours a week and occasional additional weekend work will be required.
• Packaging beer in various formats (cask, bottle, keg)
• Vessel cleaning using the CIP method
• Monitoring fermentations and yeast management
• Beer transfers from the Brewhouse to cask and bottle packaging facilities
• Maintaining a clean work environment at all times
• Accurate data collection and record keeping
• Assisting in the operation of the bottling line when required
• Packing of boxes to support direct to customer orders.
• A passion for beer and a desire to learn about its production
• Good attention to detail
• Good time management
• At least C grade GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English
• Legal right to work in U.K.
Desirable attributes (but not essential):
• Experience working in a brewery
• Full driver’s licence
• Forklift licence
• 33 days holiday per year including bank holidays
• Company pension scheme
If this sounds like you then please get in touch by Friday 7th April and send a full CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org