We're hiring a Finance Manager
Saltaire Brewery are hiring a Finance Manager (part time/full time – min 30 hours per week)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a commercially minded accountant to step into a strategic role at the heart of one of Yorkshire’s most popular breweries.
We are looking for someone who is confident interacting at all levels of the business, right through to board level. Someone who is capable of applying their finance knowledge and experience in a commercial way to support the success of the Brewery is key. As Finance Manager you will engage with all areas of the business, so we are seeking someone energetic and passionate, who is equally comfortable with offering both strategic input and operating to high levels of detail.
You will be responsible for leading a committed and capable finance team and will report directly to the Managing Director. Working closely and collaboratively to continuously develop the depth and quality of financial insight to support the business in its strategic aims will be a major part of your role as Finance Manager.
Your place of work will be the brewery, with flexible home working available. We are looking for the right candidate to join our team, so although our preference would be 4 days per week we will consider those looking for both full-time and part-time roles.
Reporting to: Managing Director
Responsible for: Management Accountant, Accounts Assistant and Credit Controller
Main duties and responsibilities
The Finance Manager’s role is to lead the Finance team at Saltaire Brewery, responsibilities include:
- Oversight of finance operations and financial control procedures looking to make improvements to procedures and controls to ensure that all financial data is accurately captured and maintained.
- The production of budgets and business plans, and their presentation to senior management.
- Monitoring of company performance and profitability, including analysis of monthly management accounts and presenting findings to the board.
- Dealing with working capital management and production of cash flow forecasts.
- Leading the development of suitable financial models to support improvement of processes and understanding of profitability.
- Ensuring that important decision-making around financial issues is effective and based on sound knowledge.
- Conducting ad-hoc projects and requests as and when required.
- Building and maintaining external relationships with key stakeholders, e.g. external accountants, bankers and HMRC, ensuring reporting requirements are met where appropriate.
Qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA), or otherwise qualified by experience.
Experience of leading a finance team within a small business environment
Experience of developing staff
Experience of budget preparation, setting and monitoring and financial forecasting
Experience of producing and presenting management accounts in a manufacturing environment
Experience of presenting complex financial analysis to senior stakeholders simply and clearly
Experience of developing and implementing sound financial control procedures
Excellent analytical/problem solving ability
Excellent numerical skills
Mindset to challenge procedures with a view to continuous improvement
Coaching and mentoring skills to continue the development of the Finance team
Excellent Excel skills
Knowledge of best practice in financial procedures and controls
Educated to degree level or equivalent
VAT return preparation
Brewery-specific financial experience e.g. application of beer duty
- Use of Xero or similar accounting package
If you are interested in applying for the role, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.