We're hiring! Production Brewer wanted.
Production brewer wanted to join our team
We're looking to grow our brewing team with an additional production brewer to help support our busy brewing schedule brought about by further growth in recent months. It's an exciting time to join our team as the Brewery continues to broaden its reach into numerous regions in the UK and overseas, and diversify into new and exciting customer channels.
About the job
We want an enthusiastic individual to join our production team and be collectively responsible for the day-to-day brewing cycle on a 40bbl Moeschle semi-automatic brew kit. The team works a three-shift rota Monday to Friday and is currently brewing around 11 to 12 times per week, with some shifts falling on the weekend from time to time.
The work is varied and the team is often involved in a number of exciting projects across the business which brings scope to learn other skills outside of the day-to-day role.
Main duties include:
- Brew beer on the semi-automated 40 bbl kit according to established practices and procedures.
- Transfer beer across the site to maximise storage capacity and ensure a continuous replenishment of stock for bottle, cask and keg formats.
- Assist the packaging team with activities such as primary filtration.
- Take ownership of day-to-day cleaning regimes and maintain exceptionally high standards of hygiene.
- Manage yeast including skimming, acid washing and segregation.
- Carry out lab analysis and other QA processes to ensure products are fit for purpose.
- Maintain production brewing records and stock levels in accordance with the brew plan.
- Contribute to the formulation and development of new recipes in line with the sales strategy.
- Carry out maintenance duties as and when the need arises and be proactive in monitoring equipment to minimise failure.
- Package beer into cask, bag in boxes, mini kegs and multi pack boxes.
- Support the Warehouse Manager with the loading/unloading of deliveries.
- Legal right to work in UK.
- At least C grade GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English.
- Previous experience of brewing is essential, preferably on a similar sized 40bbl semi-automated kit.
- Brewing qualification such as IBD.
- Understanding CIP systems and chemical usage/interaction.
- Understanding of HACCP and the Salsa Quality Standard.
- Plant maintenance engineering.
- Working with Moeschle semi-automated kits.
- Brewing lab experience.
- Able to work effectively in a team and as an individual.
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence engaging with others.
- Conscientious, with a good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to think on own feet and have confidence to make informed decisions.
- Passion for beer.